Hey everyone! I have decided to try and do a new challenge for myself, the September Series challenge. This isn’t an official challenge or readathon, I just made this up myself because I keep starting new series and I’m never finishing them up, even when I’m super excited for them!
So, without further ado, this is my current TBR for September Series. I will be posting another official TBR that has some other books that I aim to read this month for publishers or books I’ve received in subscription boxes. I also have a few buddy reads planned.
- Hidden Bodies, Caroline Kepnes – I read the first book in this series, You on 11th January and gave it four stars. I’m really overdue this sequel.
- The Wicked Will Rise, Danielle Paige – I read Dorothy Must Die on 4th Feb after loaning it from my library and bought the sequel straight away. I gave it five stars.
- The Gatekeeper’s Daughter, Eva Pohler – I read The Gatekeeper’s Sons on 8th Jan and gave it 4 stars. I followed it with The Gatekeeper’s Challenge on 8th Feb. This is another series I just really need to finish up, it is pretty short.
- The Vampire’s Assistant, Darren Shan – I read this first book as part of a yearly challenge on 9th Feb. I surprisingly enjoyed it and borrowed the next books from my partner who had them from when he was younger. I’ve still to read them!
- After You, Jojo Moyes – I was slow to reading the first book, Me Before You, but finally got around to it on 22nd March. I have heard the criticisms and I’m not 100% if I think it needed a sequel, but I’m going to give it a go and see where it’s taken anyway.
- Hollow City and Library of Souls, Ransom Riggs – This is a series I actually picked up after watching the movie in the cinema. The first book, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children got three stars from me, but I’m still interested to see where the story goes, especially after watching it too. I read this on 1st May.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin, Sarah J. Maas – Yes. I know. Shame. I haven’t yet read ACOWAR. Again, I was late to this party and didn’t read ACOTAR until 2nd June. I fell so in love with it I read it in about 2 days and straight away jumped into ACOMAF. As much as I loved it, it sent me into a reading slump which took me a good while to come out of, so I had to set the series down for a while.
- Scarlet, Marissa Meyer – I read the first book Cinder on 13th March after seeing it on BookTube and going through my phase of retellings. I loved it, but the rest of the series was quite expensive. I finally found a good offer for Scarlet and bought it, but have yet to read it!
- Unhinged and Ensnared, A.G. Howard – I read Splintered on 24th May and gave it 4 stars, I really enjoyed it. I’m quite excited to continue on with this unique series.
- The Crown and The Heir, Kiera Cass – I read this entire series about 2 months ago. I don’t know why as it was garbage, but I couldn’t stop reading! I know the series is complete with the trilogy, but I don’t feel I’ve finished it until I read the last two.
So, that’s the books I hope to clear up, it’ll finish quite a few series for me! I have some more series on the go that I’m waiting on books releasing for, but this will clear up 90% of my fully published series. I have a ridiculous amount of books that are number one in a series, so I can finally start some more!
Love & Laughter